Monday, August 31, 2009

Goldilocks

I've been trying out new pillows the past few months, and I feel like the pickiest woman in the world (which I'm totally not) because it's been impossible to find one that didn't give me a neckache in the morning.

I'd been sleeping on a pretty crappy pillow since we moved into this house. Micah had bought me a Tempur-Pedic Swedish Neck Pillow for my birthday last year, but it just didn't work for me because I'm not a consistent sleeper. I start out on my side, so the neck pillow felt GREAT at first! But in the middle of the night, I switch to sleeping on my stomach, and the neck pillow does NOT work well for stomach sleepers.

So I thought a feather pillow would be perfect.

First, I tried a mid-grade feather pillow. It was waaaaaay too soft. My head went straight through the pillow to the bed, so the pillow seemed fairly useless.

Next, I went for a nicer feather pillow. It was waaaaay too hard(you're understanding the title of my blog post now, right? ;)). I felt like I was sleeping on a brick.

I then decided that I'd try another Tempur-Pedic pillow. I chose the SymphonyPillow, which is supposed to suit all different kinds of sleepers because one side is akin to a standard pillow, (better for side sleepers) and the other is slightly arched (better for back sleepers). It took forever to find one, but it finally came in, and I was supremely disappointed. The foam wasn't soft at ALL! And the elevation was not good at all for stomach sleepers.

After all that searching, I was worried I'd NEVER find a pillow I liked. But I FINALLY found a winner.


The Tempur-Pedic ComfortPillow. It's OH so soft, but firm enough to support my neck. It doesn't have the traditional foam in it. The pillow almost feels FLUID because the little "microcushions" (as TempurPedic calls them) are independently moveable, but you can't feel the individual pieces. It's amazing. I've slept really well the past few nights.

So... Goldilocks finally found a pillow that was JUST RIGHT! Thank goodness... all that shopping was driving me crazy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...