Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our new house... for now!

We've had a great weekend in the Hargrave home! We slept in until 11 yesterday (seriously... I haven't done that in YEARS!), finished Season Three of Dexter (love it!), and I went to a friend's birthday dinner.

Today, we had a great morning at church, vegged around the house and watched football, and then I went shopping (I found two suits for work!) and to a movie with my Houston bestie, Kristen. We saw Going the Distance, and it was really funny. Incredibly inappropriate and awkward, but funny.

The best news of the weekend is that we finally got our Dallas living situation wrapped up! We're renting a gorgeous house in Sunnvale. Like I said here, it's really country-ish, and Micah and I fell in love with the house, although it's WAAAAAY bigger than we need. But we knew we wanted to rent in Sunnyvale to try the area out before we buy something there, and there were only three houses for rent there. It was a process of elimination.

So here's where we'll be living for the next year!

We're thrilled, and I can't wait to show you the inside! We currently live in 1200 square feet, and there's no way our stuff will fill up this house, but we're just going to try and decorate slowly. I tend to like to get things done, so I end up buying things I don't absolutely love just for the sake of filling a space. I've PROMISED myself I wouldn't do that, so my goal is going to be to get one room done each month. I'll make sure to share my decorating adventures here. :)

We move in in two weeks, and I'm so excited. But my heart is also realizing that we're actually leaving this home we built here. And our friends. It's harder than I thought it would be, and I've already shed a few tears thinking about how much I'll miss the girls who got me through law school. But I've already planned to come back a few times a year for some girls' nights. That's the great thing about real, true friendships: they can survive even across long distances. :)

So that's what I've been up to. Hope your weekend was wonderful, too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...