Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day Ten: Something I'm Afraid Of

I could get really deep and tell you all about my insecurities and fears, but I think I'll stick with the thing I'm irrationally afraid of.


Yup. I'm irrationally afraid of alligators. When I was little, I was playing around in Lake Lavon, and I swear to you... I SWEAR I saw one swim underneath me. Let's ignore the fact that there aren't actually a lot of alligators in Lake Lavon. Or any, for that matter. And the fact that I was actually swimming in a pretty deep part of the lake, and alligators generally stick to shallow waters.

Because, really, it doesn't matter that there probably wasn't actually an alligator swimming underneath me. It just matters that it scared the crap out of me and now I pretty much never get in lake water. Micah doesn't understand why I have no problem jumping in the ocean with the sharks. And neither do I. But I think that's why they call them irrational fears. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...