Friday, July 1, 2011

SUYL: Breakfast Recipes - Cinnamon Toast


I've loved cinnamon toast since I was a little girl. Really, I'm obsessed with all things cinnamon, but I have a particular fondness for cinnamon toast. And I don't want to oversell here, but this recipe changed my life.

Well... maybe not my life. But definitely my approach to cinnamon toast. I used to make cinnamon toast by spreading softened butter on toast, sprinkling sugar and cinnamon on top, and then broiling them for a minute or two. Silly me. I was missing out on the DELICIOUSNESS of the vanilla element that Pioneer Woman so brilliantly introduced to me.

So, without further ado, here's the recipe. Just adjust it down depending on how many people you have to feed.

Cinnamon Toast The Right Way
  • 16 slices Bread (whole Wheat Is Great!)
  • 2 sticks Salted Butter, Softened
  • 1 cup Sugar (more To Taste)
  • 3 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract (more To Taste)
  • 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg (optional)

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Smush softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. Stir to completely combine.

Spread on slices of bread, completely covering the surface all the way to the edges.

Place toast on a cookie sheet. Place cookies sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. (And PW suggests that, after you bake the toast, you should broil until golden brown and bubbling. But I stop after the baking step because I ALWAYS burn it when I try to broil it.)

Remove from oven and cut slices into halves diagonally. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...