Wednesday, October 7, 2009

For my very best friend...

I hope each and every one of you has a "Lauren" in your life. I hope you have a person who you can depend upon no matter what. A person you know will pick up the phone when you call. Someone you know would go anywhere or do anything for you without hesitation. I certainly do, and I can say with some certainty that my life just wouldn't be the same without her.

Lauren has been my best friend since seventh grade, but we actually met in fourth grade. We both went to Birmingham Elementary School in Wylie, and we honestly just didn't click. She was sassy and a bit of a bully, and I was awkward and a bit of a weenie. But she moved away from Wylie and out to Josephine when we were in sixth grade, and I really didn't think about her again until my parents announced in the middle of my seventh grade year that we would also be moving to Josephine. It's so funny when I think back to that time because I remember thinking that I didn't like her much, but I knew I would hang out with her anyway because she was the only person I knew there and because she was popular and could introduce me to everyone. I'm so shallow, I know.

As fate would have it, she ended up becoming my very best friend in the world. Once I moved to Josephine, we were inseparable. I'm pretty sure I spent more time at her house during middle school and high school than I did my own. We spent countless hours gossiping about boys, wrapping houses, playing basketball, making prank calls, riding horses, making video diaries, listening to music, drinking Dr. Thunder, and just figuring out life together.

And when I think back to the most significant moments in my life, Lauren was there by my side. Screaming "I love you, Ry-Ry" during my valedictorian speech at our high school graduation. Holding my hand and crying with me when my parents divorced. Watching from a distance as Micah proposed. Toasting to us at the wedding. And I know she'll be right there when Micah and I have our first baby.

That's actually what's made me think of all this. No... Micah and I are definitely NOT having a baby yet. But Lauren and Eric are!!! And I just couldn't be happier. I've watched her grow up and become the most amazing person - a loving wife and mother that I am proud to know. I watched her lose her Mom and hold it together for her sisters, for her little boy. I know how strong she is, and I know that she deserves every good thing this world has to offer.

So congratulations, Lauren! I'm so happy for you guys, and I love you more than I can say.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...