Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Awful Dream...

I generally don't remember my dreams.  I usually wake up with absolutely no idea what I thought about during the night.  Which is just fine with me, because the dreams I DO remember are generally weird. 

But sometimes, I'll be be-bopping along through my day, and it'll just hit me.  A vivid image of my dream from the night before will just fill my mind.  That obviously happened to me today or else I probably wouldn't be telling you about this.

Apparently last night I dreamed that I had a baby, but I was a TERRIBLE mother.  I kept leaving my baby places.  Or I'd just leave the house, leaving the baby on the changing table.  Or I'd put the baby in the bed with me, and I'd roll over on top of it.  (I say "it" because I couldn't tell whether it was a boy or girl).  And I kept trying to tell everyone that they should take my baby away because I was such an awful mother, but no one would listen.

Definitely NOT a fun dream.  Especially because I really do worry that I won't have an ounce of motherly instinct when I finally do have kids.  I panic that I'll constantly be googling things like "What to do when you drop your baby" or "How to keep my children from hating me." 

Okay I won't actually google those things.  But I am pretty clueless.  Thank goodness I have an amazing family who'll make sure I don't screw my kids up too much. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had a bad dream. You are going to be a great mom, you will be so suprised at how natural it will be. I was telling Heather the other day that we could end up with several babies about the same time. I told her you will either be so laid back that you trust all of us and just say "here do what you want,"" I don't care if you wake him up"...or you will be so over the top and picky.
No matter how you will be, you are going to be perfect. You will know what to do when "it" is yours.
Love ya--- hey I am ready anytime to fullfill my Aunt duties!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...