Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Am Not Ashamed of the Gospel...

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes..." Romans 1:16.


It should be clear by now that I'm ridiculously in love with my husband.  He rocks my world, and I'm still as giddy about him as I was when I met him in seventh grade. I can't help but tell you about him, because meeting and loving him has irrevocably changed me... down to my very core.  

But who I am has been even more significantly shaped by my relationship with Jesus Christ.  It affects every decision I make, and it changes the way I see the world.  And in the same way that I tell you about the crazy love I have for Micah, I need to share the love I have for my Lord and Savior.

Because I am not ashamed of the gospel.

I am not ashamed that Jesus Christ loved me enough to hang on a cross and die for my sin.  

Or that He rose from the grave three days later.

I am not ashamed that Jesus claimed my heart when I was nine years old, riding in the backseat of my mom's convertible.

I am not ashamed that meeting and loving Jesus has irrevocably changed me... down to my very core.


So while I am a lot of things - a wife, daughter, dork, sister, Harry Potter fanatic, friend, niece, wannabe writer, granddaughter, and law student - I am first and foremost a Christian.  I am daily seeking to follow the Lord's plan for my life and to demonstrate His love for me by loving others.

I just wanted to share that with you.

Because I am not ashamed of the Gospel.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...