Tuesday, July 6, 2010

If I had more than 24 hours in a day...

... I'd learn a little about everything.

I'd be able to tell you how to make a bechamel sauce without thinking. I could tell you exactly where Abu Dhabi was, without having to google it the minute I got out of the theater after seeing Sex and the City 2 because I sat there wondering, for two and a half hours, where in the heck it was.

And I'd definitely be able to tell you quite a bit about cars. It drives me crazy that when there is something wrong with my car, I'm at the absolute mercy of the auto shop.

It's not that I don't trust them. It's just that if someone wanted to take absolute advantage of my ignorance, they totally could. I guess some could say that about lawyers, too. But I promise that we're not as crooked as you think we are... well at least I'm not. :)

Anyway, I had to take my car to the shop today because it almost overheated on the way to the grocery store (so we're out the money to fix it, PLUS we have nothing to eat in this house). And the guy actually seemed pretty honest, but you can just really never know for sure unless you have enough independent knowledge to verify what they're telling you.

But I digress... I'm going to go for a quick run and then get back to studying. I've got 21 subjects, each of which takes an entire semester to learn in law school, to learn in two and a half weeks. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...