Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ryan loves Micah... duh.

I love Micah... blah, blah, blah... you've heard it all before. I'm sorry to keep repeating myself, but I can't help it. He's kind of wonderful.

If you know him at all, you know that he's just a tiny bit obsessive-compulsive. It's almost always amusing, but it's also often fairly useful because it means that he does things well. He's neat, orderly, meticulous, and always works out the details.


(Just a kid, and he was already sporting the preppy sweater-vest. He's so cute I can't stand it.)

The past few days, as we have been packing up the house, I've been thanking my lucky stars that he's so thorough. Because, when it comes to getting things done, I'm an Abbott through and through. We're a duct tape, estimate, give it our best try and then leave it be kind of family. We're not known for overdoing things, but by golly we can get things done in a hurry! :)

As opposed to just throwing everything in boxes and sending up an earnest prayer that nothing gets damaged in the move the way I would do, Micah's taking furniture apart and double wrapping it so that he can be totally sure that it won't. We've gone through three rolls of bubble wrap, and we've only packed up two rooms!

And, of course, it's taking us much longer to get our house packed up, but at least I won't be worrying the entire drive up to Houston whether my leather ottoman will make it to Dallas unscathed. In fact, I'd bet every penny I've got that it'll have just the one scratch that has been there since I threw it in the moving truck to move it down here three years ago. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...