Monday, April 18, 2011

Insane...

Last week was insane...


Like crazy insane. (Just in case you were thinking of the non-crazy kind of insane. Wanted to go ahead and make that crystal clear.)


I was in Tyler for trial from Sunday night through Friday, and it was an absolutely amazing experience. Truly. Out of abundance of caution, I'm not going to write anything substantive about the trial or verdict, but no matter what, I am just so glad I got to go. Seeing all of the evidence played out in front of the jury just put all of the preparation into a much clearer perspective for me. Because it's one thing to write or respond to a motion. It's quite another to see how the Court's response to that motion can affect the entire presentation of a party's case.


And I'm just in love with patent litigation. Although I'm 100% sure most would disagree with me, it's got to be the most interesting body of law ever. Plus, every case is different because the technology is always different, and I love that.


So, while the frenzy of activity and lack of sleep were exhausting, I was a good kind of tired when I drive back to Dallas on Friday afternoon. And I was so, so excited to come home to Micah and Lilly AND my sweet Aunt Gem and Uncle Larry, who were driving through on their way to see other family. They stayed with us on Friday night but had to go find a hotel late Saturday night after my clumsy self knocked over a scented oil plug-in and the incredibly strong peach smell overtook the house and Uncle Larry's asthma. But we finally got most of the smell out of the house on Sunday and were still able to have lunch at the house with most of the family. We don't get to see Aunt Gem and Uncle Larry very often, so it was definitely a treat! :) We all went to see the new house together, and I'm getting more and more excited to move in!


Micah and I also went fishing on Saturday afternoon at the pond near our house. I caught one little guy (and missed a few, too!), and Micah caught three. Who is surprised? :)


Last night, I curled up on the couch and watched the latest Harry Potter movie, which was just as good as I remembered. Then I spent the rest of the evening reading a book my Mom let me borrow, and it was WONDERFUL! Check out The Island by Elin Hilderbrand. It's a great beachy, summery read.


I hope your weekends were as nice and relaxing as mine was! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...