Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Highlights...

Dangit... if life would just slow down, I might be able to blog a little more consistently! But I really will try to do better, I promise. For now, I'll just catch you up on the highlights, but be warned - they're long. :)

Last Friday, we had dinner with Mom and Steve and then dropped by Dad's afterward to see Miss Stella-Bell. She's so precious and sweet, but my brother swears she turns into a gremlin (his words, not mine) when she gets fussy. I don't believe him. She's perfect. :)

On Saturday, I vegged around the house in the morning, and in the afternoon Micah and I drove into Dallas to Pottery Barn to buy our dining room table. Except we didn't end up buying it. :( The one I had my eye on (pictured below) just wasn't the right color/size for Micah. And I hate to admit it, but he was right. It's just a LITTLE bit too dark and just a LITTLE bit too small. We popped across the street to Restoration Hardware, but all the wood in that place is just too grey for me. So we're STILL looking. I feel like the pickiest person in the world, but I really want to get something that will last us a long time, so I might as well get exactly what I want.



On Sunday, I had to work for most of the afternoon. It was actually the first time, in the nine months I've been at the firm, that I've had to go up to the office on the weekend. Definitely an accomplishment. :) And I was rewarded for my hard work because that night I took the summer associates to the firm's suite at the American Airlines Center to see the New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys concert.

And it was awesome.

I know you couldn't possibly believe me, but I swear - it was so much fun! Yes, they're old, and, no, they can't really sing very well. But they were there to put on a show dadgummit, and they definitely did. I knew almost all the songs and shamelessly sang and danced along, which was totally okay because everyone else was doing the exact same thing. We shared the suite with one of the partner's wife and her sorority sister friends, and they outsang and outdanced us all night long. I wish I had taken my good camera and gotten a decent picture, but I did manage to snap one with my iPhone.



I was tired when I got to work on Monday, but it was definitely worth it. :)

This week has been fairly uneventful. I was happy that Ashley (the Bachelorette) FINALLY moved on from Bentley on Monday... if she had kept him around I may have had to stop watching (although let's be real here... you can't really look away from a train wreck.) Last night, I proudly cheered on my favorites during The Voice's final performance show. Is anyone else watching? I think it's so much fun, and I'm absolutely in love with Blake Shelton and the way he's taken his girls under his wing to help them make it. I kept thinking when I first started watching the show that I would have picked Adam Levine because he's so talented and seems like a cool, interesting guy. But after seeing Blake with Xenia and Dia, I'm smitten - he's so precious and funny.

So that's what has been up in the Hargrave house this past week. I'll get this week's song up later today, I PROMISE! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I heard the concert was so much fun! Glad you got to go! Fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...