Monday, August 22, 2011

Why I Love My Husband: Part 6,332,198

So, first off - I turned 26 today!  It's the first time I've been at home for a birthday in four years, and it was REALLY nice to be here.  And my friends at work were so sweet to take me out to lunch (and even refused to let me pay!).  Plus the sweet ladies at work had a delicious spread of desserts this afternoon. Yum!

But for some reason (totally apart from the fact that I turned a year older - it hasn't even registered yet that I'm no longer 25), I've just been kinda down today.  It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that it's a certain time of the month. :)  But for whatever reason, I've just felt very blah.  I even postponed our plans to have dinner at Al Biernat's tonight because I was just ready to be home.  

And my sweet husband... God bless him.  When I got home, he was pulling up behind me after having gone to pick up one of my favorites - shrimp and scallops from Red Lobster.  And he had already given my my birthday present (a Kindle and a green cover - such a perfect gift for me given how much I love to read!), but there was a gift bag and a card on the counter, too.  This may seem lame to everyone except me, but he had bought me new mascara.  The other day I was saying how much I hated the new mascara I bought and how I should've stuck with the tried and true stuff I loved.  So he checked my blog because he remembered that I had posted my favorite mascara awhile back, and he bought it on the way home from work today. Isn't that just the sweetest?

It really is the little things, I guess. :)  Right now, we're curled up on the couch watching The Bachelor Pad (I hate myself for loving it so much), and I'm thinking about how lucky I am to be with a man who loves me enough to brave the cosmetics department for me. :)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Ryan, I couldn't agree more. It is the little things!!! What a sweet hubby you have. :) P.S. Happy Birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...