Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

As I was perusing my Ballard Designs catalog the other night, I stumbled upon this gorgeous mirror.

It's not my typical style, but for some reason I was drawn to the pretty scalloped edge - it reminds me of a mermaid tail or something.  So I dogeared the page so that I could go back to it later and figure out whether or not I wanted to pay the $200 price tag.

Fast forward to yesterday.  Micah and I were in JCPenney, returning some furniture we bought for the laundry room that ended up being not good at all for the space (I really wish I was one of those people who could just envision what a piece of furniture will look like in a space.  It would save me a LOT of time and shipping costs.), and I saw the exact same mirror on clearance for $108.  Micah wasn't crazy about it, but he humored me and let me buy it anyway. 

So we bought it and came home to find the perfect spot for it.  I decided on the wall above the console table in the master bedroom, and my sweet husband did the hard part and measured it all out. 

(Don't mind me there in the reflection.  I'm just chilin' like a villain. And it's not nearly as gold as it looks.)

I'm pretty much obsessed.  It's just so different from anything else in my house, which can sometimes be a really good thing.  In fact, I was so pleased with out productivity that I got inspired to hang (i.e. ask Micah to hang) another mirror I found on clearance for $20 at HomeGoods in the hallway.

(Oops... there I am again.)

And then, because I was on a roll, I went ahead and added some wine corks and vintage keys (bought here) to this vintage-looking lantern I bought from One King's Lane a few weeks back.

It's sitting above my refrigerator with a couple of other pretties, and I really like it there.

I'll post more about our weekend later.  For now, I've got to try and get all my contacts transferred over to my new iPhone.  Apparently AT&T couldn't figure out how to transfer just the contacts on my old iPhone without including every single contact I had on my work email.  Frustrating.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...