Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just a peek...

Holy cow, y'all.  The last few days have been so insane.  I was out of town Wednesday night (New Orleans again), got home late on Thursday night, had the firm holiday party on Friday night, went to our Sunday School class party last night, and have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off today.  I need a nap!

We finally got curtains up in the living room today.  I haven't taken pictures yet becuase it was dark when we finished, and there's just not enough light in here at night to get a good picture without a tripod (hmm... that'd be a good anniversary present.  Wonder if my sweet husband actually reads this little blog... ;)).  But I'll take pictures in the next couple of days and get them up.  The curtains are a really pretty warm white, but I'm actually wondering if ivory wouldn't be better.  The problem is that all the trim in the house is a pure, bright white, while the cabinets and TV stand and pillows are more of an ivory/cream.  I went with white to make it pop.  Maybe you guys can help once I get pictures posted. :)

And we actually got a few Christmas presents bought today, as well.  Here's hoping I can get it all done before Christmas rolls around!

I've actually got to get working, but I wanted to leave you with a sneak peek of our dining room table.  I got it all set up, and I'm kind of in love.  I ordered a burlap table runner on Etsy (to have all year round, in addition to Christmas), but I'm not even sure if I'll use it for Christmas because I like the look so much, and I'm scared the burlap will screw it up.  It's supposed to arrive in a couple of days, so I'll have to show you comparison pictures.
(Sorry for the iPhone quality, y'all.  I tried to use a Hipstamatic lens to pep it up, but it ended up just looking weird...).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...