Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Three minutes...

Oh my goodness, y'all. 

The past few days have been crazy.  Like, insane. 

But before I get into what we did this weekend, can I just tell you about how awesome it was to start Week Three of Couch-to-5K tonight and to be able to run for three minutes without stopping??  I honestly never thought I'd be able to do that, and it was an amazing feeling.  AND, I'm working on my running mechanics (running more on my toes), so my shins and knees don't hurt near as badly as they did last week.  I'm so excited!  (It's the little things, apparently... :))

Anyway, so back to our crazy weekend.  Here's what we did from Saturday through tonight:

I met Lauren for a BFF pedicure and lunch date.  (Whereupon I bought this cute little "@" for the side table in the living room.  And a sweet tea-scented candle.  Yeah, I said sweet tea-scented.  It smells like heaven.  Like a delightfully Southern heaven.)


Micah went to the Dallas Boat Show with his Dad and brother.

We drove to Josephine to have turkey and dressing with my extended family. (Apparently my Mamaw was craving dressing and didn't want to make a whole pan for just her and Papaw, so she invited all of us to come eat with them.  It was delicious.)

We went to a work friend's birthday party.

We brought breakfast for our Sunday School class.

We had shrimp creole (marry me!) at my Mom's house. 

We went to a Superbowl party with our Sunday School class.

I went to a women's event at church.

I survived a big presentation at work for one of the partners.  Whew.

Micah went to his first men's group meetings with our Sunday School class.

I kicked off Week Three of Couch-to-5K.

All that in four days, y'all.  I'm exhausted just typing it all out.  And the food... ugh.  Let's just say that I was NOT a very good dieter this weekend.  I'm definitely back on track again, but I'm rocking a pretty gnarly sugar headache today.  I will definitely not be indulging in peanut butter balls, pretzels dipped in chocolate, or donuts again any time soon. 

But all in all, I think I've still earned myself a nice bubble bath.  Don't y'all? :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...