Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What up, yo?

(Yeah, I'm totally thug.  Who wants to know?)

I'm feeling much better today!  Still not 100%, but almost. And so far, it doesn't look like Micah's caught it, so fingers crossed I didn't give it to him.  I am a little bummed that I missed his first game with the church softball league last night.  He was definitely excited to go, and I felt like the worst wife ever for not going, but whatever I had was apparently really contagious, and I didn't want to give it to anyone else.  (Plus, I was incredibly weak and just overall yucky-feeling and couldn't really muster the energy to get out of my pajamas.)

But otherwise we actually did have a great weekend! We had dinner to celebrate Bubba's birthday on Friday night.


We got some stuff done around the house on Saturday and took it easy on Saturday night.  On Sunday we had lunch with Micah's family and had some new friends from church over for dinner.  We had such a great time!

Unfortunately, Micah also totally ruined his iPhone this weekend.  I'm not supposed to say how, but it may or may not have involved a certain handsome engineer falling into the lake with his phone in his pocket.  But who really knows... :)  We tried drying it out in rice like all the articles online instructed, but as of yesterday evening it was still totally dead.  Thankfully I still had my old iPhone laying around the house, so he's using that one until we feel like forking over the dough for a new one.

This morning we met with a financial planner, and I'm SO excited to finally get a plan together for organizing our finances.  We've been trying to save and be financially conservative, but we didn't really have a plan, and Micah and I both operate better with an organized plan (preferably one involving Excel spreadsheets). :)

Lastly, Lent is going really well!  I'll be honest, I totally forgot to read my two chapters the first day (utter FAIL), but I read two extra chapters the next morning and have remembered every other night, so I'm going to call it good.  And I've managed to resist the lure of all non-water drinks (i.e. Diet Coke and Starbucks) so far.  But I'm really hoping it doesn't get any harder than this because I swear, y'all - I'm almost to the point where I'm about to have to start searching for Diet Coke-flavored chapstick...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...