(***So sorry, Google Readers! I accidentally published an unfinished draft I'd saved instead of the full post!***)
As of Wednesday, I have officially lost 50.8 pounds.
That's, like, half a Snooki, y'all! :)
This journey has been a crazy one, and it definitely isn't over, but it's incredible to me how different my life already is from when I first started.
Here I am with my Houston bestie at her bachelorette party in September. (And I'm just going to skate over all of the things I could say about how looking at this picture makes me feel because it's Friday, dadgummit, and I've got no time for melancholy.)
Here I am today... 50.8 pounds lighter.
The change is almost dumbfounding. Especially considering that I'm only halfway to my goal! And the feeling I had this morning when I was able to put on the same shirt I wore just a few days before my wedding? (Yep, the same shirt I'm wearing in that picture over there to the right.) Indescribable.
I refuse to look back and wonder why it took me so long to get my brain to click into place. And I can't beat myself up over the fact that I buried my head in the sand for so long. Instead, I'm choosing to be thankful that:
- I'm no longer exhausted at the end of every day.
- I don't feel guilty at the end of every meal.
- The thought of squeezing into the seatbelt on an airplane doesn't give me anxiety. (It was getting pretty darned tight.)
- I'm not winded after going up a flight of stairs.
- I'm starting to feel like I look like me again.
- I'm almost back into a ton of cute work clothes.
- I'm almost back into a ton of cute lingerie. Yeah, I said it. :)
- I "only" have fifty more pounds to lose. (Hey, I'm a glass half-full kind of girl.)
I definitely still have more work to do here. I'm not done, and this definitely isn't over. But I have done something significant, and looking back at where I started helps me picture where I'm headed with more clarity.
And you know what?
It's looking pretty darned fabulous from here. :)