Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Southwest Chicken Chop Salad

Pinterest wins again, y'all.


I tried a new recipe this weekend, and it was scrumptious!  And I even remembered to take a couple of pictures this time, so I thought I'd share. 

Enjoy!

Southwest Chicken Chop Salad
adapted from here

Ingredients
2 cups diced rotisserie chicken {I grilled two chicken breasts, seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and chipotle powder}
1 cup sweet yellow corn {canned or frozen and defrosted}
2 roma tomatoes, diced
4 scallions, washed and sliced {white and green parts}
1 large romaine heart, washed and chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheese {or more if your name is Ryan}
2 just under ripe avocados, diced
2 cups crushed tortilla chips {I used crushed Spicy Nacho Doritos, yum!}
For the dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 tablespoon ranch seasoning {I probably used closer to 1 tablespoon}
1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning {I probably used closer to 3/4 tablespoon}
1/2 tablespoon lime juice {optional}
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
In a large bowl, stir all salad ingredients together, excluding the tortilla chips and avocado.


In a small bowl, stir all dressing ingredients together until smooth.


When ready to serve, toss salad with dressing then gently stir in avocado and tortilla chips.


It's delish! And apart from the oh-so-yummy salad dressing, it's relatively healthy. Win-win, right? :)

3 comments:

Sugarr2518 said...

This sounds soo yummy:) I have been looking for some different recipes for salads! I will have to try it.

KatiePerk said...

This looks delicious! I love a good salad for dinner. Stopping by from Tuesdays at the Table!

Cole said...

Oh my goodness, that looks good!!! Thanks for sharing with Tuesdays at the Table. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...