Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Switcheroo...

Remember when I bought that bookcase?  I mentioned that I wasn't totally in love with it in the space (which was in the corner of our master bedroom) at first.  And while it definitely grew on me, I decided to try it out in a new space this weekend and am pretty sure that's where it's going to stay.


This little circular nook has been giving me so much trouble! It's been so hard to figure out what to put there, but I think a little reading nook might be perfect.


I'm definitely not going to leave it there by itself.  I'm now on the hunt for the perfect chair to go next to it.  And maybe a floor reading lamp?

So yay! But then I had to to figure out what to do with the wall in the corner of the master bedroom.  And I remembered that I bought these book cover postcards awhile back, along with 16 ~ $2 frames from Target, but never found the perfect place to hang them. 

So I went to town with my laser level and these Command strips, and after about a hour, I had myself a really cool, quirky piece of wall art!


I picked covers with pretty blues and greens to match our comforter, and I love the pop of color they give to the room!


So fun, right?


And we also actually finished organizing our pantry, too, but I'm headed to Florida for work for the next couple of days, so I'll have to share those pictures when I get back. :) 

Have a fabulous Tuesday, y'all!

9 comments:

Established: 2008 said...

LOVE those book covers in the frames. What a cute idea! I have a weird spot in my house that I turned in to a reading nook. It's now one of my favorite spots in the whole house. Looks great!

The Morrows said...

LOVE it. Looks great there.
Also love your dining room table place settings. So classy :)

Melissa G said...

Well, I just went over to Amazon and purchased those book covers. They're going to look so cute in my future study. Thanks for the fabulous idea!

Jennifer Goodin said...

i LOVE the book cover post cards! What a creative idea!!!

Kristin said...

Those frames are so cute, Ryan! I love the bookcase too. You can never have enough bookcases. Are you guys renting or do you own your house? Since we know we move every couple years, I try to get things that can work anywhere, not just in a particular house. Our current house has a lot of wall space and there's no way I'd be able to do what I really want in 2 years.

Candice said...

Your home is so lovely! You should do a home tour post!

Faith said...

I love it, Ryan! It looks SO good!

Sugarr2518 said...

I'm loving your wall art! It's very colorful and unique:)

Laura said...

That is a great spot for the book case! The frames are so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...