Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A tale of three mirrors...

I told you guys last week about how excited I was for my latest Pottery Barn purchase to be delivered.

And unlike any other Pottery Barn purchase I have ever made, I was actually less than thrilled when it arrived.

See, I had ordered this Arched Door Mirror, which I thought would be a distressed white.  But when we opened the box, I was so disappointed to see that it was actually a yellowish (almost greenish) color, which blended completely into our wall color.


I mean, no doubt the mirror is gorgeous and the absolutely perfect style for our house.  But the color just wasn't going to work. 

So my perfect husband (with a teensy bit of help from me) took it down from the mantel, loaded it up in the car, and drove it straight to Pottery Barn to return it.  When we got there, I remembered that I had been eyeing the Eagan Multipanel Large Mirror, and I eyeballed the dimensions, figuring that it might be a teensy bit big for the space, but hoping that the simplicity of the mirror might keep it from being overwhelming.

Apparently not.


Waaaaay too big, right?  It was almost bigger than the fireplace, itself. (Can you tell I'm a little beat down at this point?)

We atually originally had it oriented vertically, and it was so darned top-heavy that it wouldn't stay without one of us holding it.

So we took yet another mirror down from the mantel and put the original mirror back up.


And I'm pretty sure this is how it's going to stay for a long time.

2 comments:

Established: 2008 said...

I really like that last one! The silver is so pretty. I have my eye out for a silver mirror too but I haven't found one that I love.

Brandi Gail said...

I think what you have up there is perfect! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...