Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Softball, toilet paper, and red velvet brownies...

I'm in need of another weekend, y'all.  Stat.  It was wonderful but exhausting, and this girl needs to nap. ("Guys!  You've gotta let me nap!"  Name that TV show quote.)

On Friday, we had Mexican food with my Dad and stepmom.  We hit the hay early that night because Micah agreed to play in a charity softball tournament in our hometown the next day, and we had to get up early to be out there by 8:30. 

It was a double elimination, and our team played fabulously all day long, (and I do mean all day long...) but didn't win.  On the plus side, though, during a break between games, I got to go love on my little niece and my brother and Faith's new puppy, Grits.  The cuteness was almost too much, and I got some good snuggles from Miss Stella. 

Plus I got to hang out with my bestest and her sweet family all day long, so my sunburned nose was totally worth it.  (But I'm telling you guys, I look like Rudolph.  Not cool.)  I also saw a few people from high school that I hadn't seen in forever, which was also nice.

We had planned on grabbing dinner with Micah's parents afterward, but I wasn't feeling very well, so we headed home and watched more Mad Men.

On Sunday, we woke up to this.


As one of my Facebook friends said, you have officially arrived when a teenager things you're stuffy enough to toilet paper your house.  Having toilet papered more than a few yards in my day, I honestly thought it was pretty funny.  Micah, being the kind of person who would NEVER act so inconsiderately, did not.  We got it picked up fairly quickly, though, and apparently the vandals were friendly -- they said "hey" in sidewalk chalk on our driveway in the back.  :)

I still wasn't feeling fabulously that morning, so we missed church.  We did go over to my mom's house so that Micah could help my stepdad with a sprinkler head, and I got lots of quality visiting time with my sweet momma. :)

On Sunday afternoon, Micah watched football while I worked, and then I made these beauties.

Why yes, those are red velvet brownies.

You guys.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to be satisfied with plain brownies ever again.  These things had the perfect texture, flavor, and just a hint of chocolate.  I loved, loved, LOVED them!  If you're suddenly finding yourself craving red velvet brownies, you can find the recipe here.  These will definitely be a go-to recipe the next time I need to take something to a party/get together.  And how fun would they be for Christmas?!

So that's what we did this weekend.  What did you guys do?

Oh!  And last, but not least, here's this week's Project Scripture verse.

Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."


Happy memorizing!

3 comments:

Candice said...

Your house is gorgeous...TP and all!!

THECAROLINACOUNTRYGIRL said...

That's funny that you got TP'd! haha! You house is just as gorg on the outside as it is the inside! Mail me some brownies! jk!

Heather said...

HOLY MOLY. red velvet brownies. yum. I am going to make em TONIGHT! I might even put cream cheese frosting on top.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...