Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What's up with us...

After several comments from loving friends/family about how long it has been since I posted, I thought I'd check in so you guys didn't worry that I disappeared off the face of the earth. ;)

I'm sure it isn't shocking that deadlines at work have kept me busy, but thankfully things should slow down at least a teensy bit tomorrow.  Hallelujah.  I'm working on a case that's going to trial next month, and while I love this part at the end of the case (particularly the trial, itself), it's just insane how busy it gets.  Miraculously, though, I was able to take this past weekend off and spend some much-needed time with my love.  (Plus I got TWO naps in.  Amen.)

Between naps, I managed to accomplish three important things. 

          One.  I finally had my pumpkin spice latte.  Love, love, love.

          Two.  I made to almost the end of season three of Dawson's Creek.  And as I was watching, I remembered how drama-filled my own high school life was.  It's so funny how important it all seemed at the time...

          Three.  I had Thai food.  Man, I love Thai food.  But I only ever order pad thai or cashew chicken and should probably branch out.  What do you guys usually order at Thai restaurants?

In case you were curious, Lilly spent the weekend perched on this particular stair.



Such a strange little girl.  Perhaps she's slightly like her mommy in that way. ;)

Oh!  And I almost forgot, here's this week's Project Scripture verse:

Psalm 34:8 "Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."


And that's what's up with us.  What's up with you guys?

2 comments:

Established: 2008 said...

I hope work slows down soon but it sounds like everything is going well!

Joy said...

You don't have to apologize... it's called life and it happens to all of us!! Glad you did get a little down time to enjoy the weekend with your loves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...