Monday, November 12, 2012

Freedom...

Five days of freedom did me well, y'all. 

{one} I spent oodles of time with family and friends, and I needed it.  In five days, I managed to spend time with (1) my mom and stepdad, (2) my dad and stepmom, (3) my brother, sister-in-law, and niece (4) my Mamaw, Papaw, two aunts, and an uncle, (5) Micah's parents, (6) Micah's brother and nephew, and (7) my bestie.  Love.

{two} I spent several hours with my mom after her (somewhat impromptu) gallbladder removal surgery.  It's so funny how you're never too old to be babied by your mother, even when she's the one who needs babying.

{three} Micah and and I had a sushi/Pottery Barn date.  Fresh jalapeno rolls and fluffy blankets are my love language.


{four} I almost finished making my A Meaningful Christmas ornaments.  I can't remember if I told you guys, but a few of my friends and I joined up with another friend to do this 24-day Christmas devotional, which I'm really excited about.  Admittedly, I wasn't thrilled about hand-making 24 ornaments, but thankfully I was assigned the family picture themed-ornament, so I didn't have to be terribly creative with the content of mine.  I'll be sure and post pictures when I get them all finished.  Please keep your expectations low. :)

{five} We picked up some warm clothes for Micah to take to Paris.  I still need a few things, but I think we'll be ready by the end of the month. I also still need to sort through all of the emails I've received about what we absolutely MUST do while we're there and form a rough intinerary.  Like I said before, I'm definitely not one to plan out every day {because I think the best moments in a new city are the ones you can't anticipate}, but I do want to create a checklist of sorts to make sure we don't miss any of the high points while we're there.

{six} Work is waiting for me, but I'm pretty sure it's more important that I go buy another few pairs of maternity leggings.  No?

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Maternity leggings sound even better than regular leggings!
When are you heading to Paris? (I'm sure you mentioned this...)
We're leaving here for Miami the first week in December. I've been packed since September :)

Unknown said...

YAY, I can't wait for our AMC Party!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...