Friday, November 16, 2012

I confess...

I'm linking up with A Blonde Ambition today for Confessional Friday.  Who's up for some confessions?

{I confess} that I left work early on Monday at 3:30. And then headed straight to the nail salon for a pedicure.  Thank the Lord for pale pink nail polish and massage chairs.

{I confess} that, while the pedicure was fantastic, the salon played an instrumental version of "I Will Always Love You" on repeat the whole time I was there.  {An hour and ten minutes, to be exact.}  And I left feeling depressed because that scene from the end of The Bodyguard {you know the one} kept flashing through my mind.  Just try and tell me you didn't bawl like a baby when Whitney Houston jumped off that plane and ran into Kevin Costner's arms...

{I confess} that I made this recipe last week.  It was terrible.

{I confess} that I'm working from home today so that I can meet my girlfriends for lunch before we go see the last Twilight movie.  I recognize that Kristen Stewart's awkward lip-biting doesn't count as real acting {and I know Kristin would totally agree}, but I'm afraid the allure of Robert Pattinson is just too much for me to resist. Why do I find his pale skin and dorky smile so attractive?


Oh yeah.  That's why.

{I confess} that I have a weird knack for telling time.  I don't wear a watch and never pay attention to clocks or the time on my phone, but I almost always know what time it is.  It's kind of freaky, actually.

{I confess} that I become incredibly annoyed anytime I hear a Rihanna song on the radio.  It's not that I have anything against her personally (although I will admit that I haven't been super impressed with her life choices... getting back with Chris Brown after he beat the crap out of her? Yuck.  But I digress...), it's just that most of her music bugs the crap out of me.  And you can call me a prude, but her performances are awfully... colorful.  I went to one of her concerts last summer for a work event and was so very uncomfortable.  Thankfully, her set caught on fire and everyone had to evacuate the building, so I only had to endure it for about 45 minutes.  (And no one was hurt or injured, in case you were wondering...)  She's not my favorite singer, is what I'm saying.   

{I confess} that I could never, ever, ever give up cheese.  For any reason.  If I ever become lactose-intolerant, I will seriously be the saddest person on the planet.  And I'm now slightly concerned that I've doomed myself by putting that thought out there in the universe.  Pretty please, God, I'm begging you...

{I confess} that I read this blog post a few days ago and bawled like a baby.  Number 14, in particular, did me in.

{I confess} that I'm putting up my Christmas decorations this weekend.  I promise I'm not usually one of those people who skip over Thanksgiving completely in favor of Christmas.  I love Thanksgiving and fall in general.  I just never had time to do any fall decorating this year, and we're going to be out of town the last weekend in November, so I figure I might as well get a head start now.  Thankfully, I'm planning on doing basically the exact same setup as we had last year, so it won't take a whole lot of imagination (or money.  Amen.). 

So what are you gals confessing today?  Go link up with Leslie and tell us!

6 comments:

Halie Renee said...

Oh dear goodness - I'm sooo over Rihanna. Or however it's spelled. I was never a huge fan, but now she has just got to go. And "Diamonds in the Sky" is terrible, but it never ceases to get stuck in my head. And then I get angry about it... ugh.

Emily said...

We are decorating this weekend too! :) You aren't the only one!

Joy said...

OKay... so pedicures are okay? They usually put some kind of actone stuff on the bottom of my feet before scrubbing them... so I didn't know if that was okay? But I'm dying for a mani and pedi!!

Kristin said...

You can probably skip the blog post in which I will refer to RPatz as a "creepy skeletor" looking creature. I mean, maybe (maybe) he's a decent looking human being. But he's no vampire, and that sparkly stuff is for the birds. He should stick to sappy romantic dramas like that one about Sept. 11. I kinda liked that one.
I think it's cool that you said a recipe wasn't any good. We need to do more honesty like that in blog world!
:)

Laura said...

I feel the same exact way about Rihanna. She bugs me to no end and I dont know why! My daughter hates going to the nail salon I go to because she hates the music. I usually tune it out. I hope you are feeling well!

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Bahahaha, I LOVE that you referenced Kristin in your other reference to Kristen {Stewart}! LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...