Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Heaven on bread...

It's trial prep time, y'all.  And when it's trial prep time, posting tends to get a little... patchy.  Mostly because I tend to do a lot of writing before trial, and it's hard to want to write all day and then come home and write some more.  Feel me, dog? (Oh wow, I so can't pull that off, can I?)

But I wanted to drop in and say a quick hello anyway because we all know that I can't stay away for too long. :)

We had a fabulous weekend, even if I did have to work some.  Dinner to celebrate my brother's birthday on Friday, hair cut/color and maternity pictures on Saturday (which went fabulously... Lauren sent me a couple of sneak peeks, and I love them - can't wait to show them to you guys!), lunch with my momma on Sunday, dinner with Micah's parents that evening, and then a little Oscar watching before I hit the hay.  At 8:30.  It was glorious.

And then this happened last night:

Photobucket

Micah had his first softball game of the season, but I had to work, so I came home and made what I am convinced will go down in history as the best sandwich I've ever made.

Think of it as a cross between cinnamon toast and a peanut butter and banana sandwich.  Except with Nutella instead of peanut butter.

Yeah, I said it.

I just buttered the bread, sprinkled sugar and cinnamon on top of the butter, then flipped it over and slathered it with Nutella like my life depended on it.  After that, I laid sliced banana on top of the Nutella and then buttered/sugared/cinnamoned the other slice of bread and placed it on top of the bananas (with the cinnamon/sugar side up).  I slapped that baby on a hot griddle, cooked it like I'd cook a grilled cheese, and devoured it in about 50 seconds.

Heaven, y'all.

Looks like I've got another long night ahead of me tonight, and I think I know what I'll be having for dinner... :)

(And I know I owe you guys a 32 week bump date, but I'm thinking we'll probably roll weeks 32 and 33 together, if that's okay with you guys.)

5 comments:

Established: 2008 said...

Yum Nutella!

Laura said...

Um, I saw this pic on your Instagram and had I been at home I would have instantly made it! I love peanut butter banana sandwiches and I love Nutella even more!!!

THECAROLINACOUNTRYGIRL said...

WE just becaame BBFs (Best Blog Friends) after hearing about that sammich! ;)

The Morrows said...

WHOA!!! Love cinnamon toast and PBB sandwiches.....Will have to try soon

Jessica K said...

Heaven is right! Now I have to try this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...