Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 13, 2013

My darling Grace,
 
It's unfathomable to me that you're already almost here.  It seems like just yesterday that your daddy and I were staring at that pregnancy test in shock, happier than you will ever know at the news that you were on your way.
 
 photo DSC_6629.jpg
 
Over the past nine months, God has used this time to fill my heart with more love than I could have ever imagined.  We heard your heartbeat for the first time, and I cried at the sound of you.  I had one of the worst moments of my life when I thought we might be losing you and one of the best moments when I saw that you were safe and sound.  I felt you move and marveled at the miracle of it.  We got the best surprise ever when we found out that you were a girl.  We took you to Paris and decided on your name.  Daddy felt you move for the first time and fell even more in love with you.  We spent many hours decorating your sweet room.  We celebrated your upcoming arrival with family, friends, and co-workers. 

 photo DSC_6653.jpg
 
And now here we are, days away from meeting you, and the anticipation is almost too much.  Because although there is a part of me that is sad to give up this precious time you and I have had together over the past nine months, I know the best is yet to come.  I know that we are about to embark upon the most exciting/wonderful/terrifying/humbling/amazing/exhausting journey of our lives, and we couldn't be more ready. 

 photo DSC_6776.jpg

We are honored to be your parents, sweet girl.  I know we are going to mess up about a billion times, and there will be moments when you won't like us very much.  But I promise to do everything in my power to equip you to face the world.  I promise to give you every piece of my heart.  And I promise to be the best mom I can possibly be, even when that means doing the difficult thing.   

Just a few more days, love. 

Until then,
Mommy

2 comments:

Brandi Gail said...

Precious..absolutely precious...:)

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

aww, love this=) So exciting that you are so close to finally meeting your precious baby girl. & the best REALLY is yet to come!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...