Monday, May 6, 2013

Another update...

I promise I plan on posting more than once a week!  It's just that (1) I'm just now figuring out how best to utilize the time between feedings (I swear, I feel like my life is now measured out in three-hour increments...) and (2) not much has been going on around here.  But I did want to stop in and say hello anyway because I miss you guys!

Grace is growing and changing every day!  I feel like she already looks so different from the chubby-cheeked girl we brought home from the hospital.

 photo 201305061.jpg

Sometimes I just sit and stare at her in awe.  It's still so amazing that she's ours.  This love is so utterly consuming, and I am absolutely loving being a mom.

Let's see... what's new?  She's doing much, much better at night!  She's had a few four-hour stretches of sleep, and she's definitely better at going back to sleep after feedings.  So I'm usually getting a good two-hour stretch of sleep between each feeding, and at least an hour-long nap while she sleeps during the day.  She's nursing well, and as of last Thursday she was back up to 8 pounds, 8 ounces.  So I am slowly weaning her off the formula supplements.  I'm still struggling with the inflexibility of nursing, but hopefully we'll make it to 12 weeks when I go back to work.  We'll see... :)

 photo 201305062.jpg
(silly girl... :))

Also, we had her newborn pictures taken last weekend, and I should be getting them back (along with the labor and delivery images) at the end of this week.  I can't wait to see them and show them to you.  Just looking at the back of Lauren's camera during the newborn shoot brought me to tears a time or two. 

The hard part now is trying to get back into the swing of things.  I've been so wrapped up in caring for Grace that cooking dinner is a distant memory and I'm not even sure I remember how to do laundry. :)  We have ventured out eat a few times, which was so nice (and Grace did incredibly - either slept or stayed awake and quiet the entire time!).  And I'm cleared to drive now, so I'm hoping to make a trip to Target and test out our stroller sometime this week.

Because I know this time of getting to stay home with her is short, I'm just trying to soak it all up.

 photo 201305063.jpg

She's so darned sweet and snuggly it's not even funny.

I promise I'll be back to "regular" posting relatively soon.  Until then, be looking out for Grace's birth story and her newborn pictures. :)

11 comments:

Brandi Gail said...

So precious! :)

Lauren Thomas said...

She's just beautiful!

Jessica K said...

I love her hairs! :)

Unknown said...

She is SO beauftiful, Riley! Oh my goodness!! So much personality. What a darling little girl. :)

THECAROLINACOUNTRYGIRL said...

I'm so proud of you! It sounds like you are starting to get the hang of things now! Just sleep when she sleeps! (if you can. sometimes that is a challenge too!) Soak it all up and enjoy the moment! 12 weeks goes by quickly!

Laura said...

Don't try to hurry back to posting. Seriously everyone understands!! I think you are doing so well truly!

Melissa G said...

Your little girl is already a rockstar! I love that second picture!

Kaitlyn (Keeping up with Kaitlyn) said...

She's just getting cuter and cuter! I can't wait to see the newborn photos!

Emily said...

Gosh she is just precious! I can't wait to see her newborn photos, I know they will be stunning! Glad you are getting into the swing of things, it's hard when you are on that tight 3 hour schedule!

Unknown said...

LOVE THIS POST! She is perfect!

The Morrows said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Soak her up now...you will have to get back to laundry and cooking soon enough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...