Friday, May 31, 2013

Checking in...

I know I've been a slacker this week, but we've been busy around these parts.

I had my six week checkup and am doing great!  Except for the fact that I'm still having what I think is gallbladder pain.  My doctor recommended an abdominal sonogram, which I had today, so hopefully we'll get that figured out soon.  I can't figure out if I hope they tell me it's gallstones (which means I'll have to have my gallbladder removed) or not (which means there's no known cause for the pain, which makes me feel slightly crazy).

Miss Priss has been doing so great in her crib at night!  She's been consistently going 5 to 6 hours from about 10:00-11:00 to 3:00-4:00.  She's also been napping better during the day, which is nice.  Turns out, she sleeps much longer when she's swaddled and in her crib.  I know this means she probably won't be one of those kids who can sleep anywhere and will likely prefer her crib, but I'm just thanking my lucky stars that she'll sleep

We've been seeing a whole lot of this face lately:

 photo 201305311.jpg
(She may or may not have promptly spit up all down the inside of my shirt right after I snapped this.)

I'm loving all of her sweet little smiles and happy noises.  She loves it when we tickle her belly or run our fingers down her face.  Diaper changes on her changing pad usually turn into play sessions (which has probably resulted in me going through more diapers than I should).  I'm loving watching her little personality emerge. 

I'm also trying to be better about dressing her each day.  We've been staying in our PJs a lot of the time, but I feel like I've got to make use of all of the adorable clothes she has hanging in her closet. 

 photo 201305313.jpg

I'm in love with this little romper (that I scored for $4 at Kid to Kid - whoop!).

And also...

 photo 201305312.jpg

I'm pretty sure these leg warmers are the most adorable things I've ever seen. 

So there are the obligatory baby pictures. :)

I also made it to the nail salon for a mani/pedi on the way to our meeting with our financial planner this week.  It was glorious.  Tomorrow we've got our niece's second birthday party (Happy Birthday, Stella!) and a wedding and on Sunday, we might try and brave the worship service at church.  Here's hoping Grace cooperates. :)

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!  I'll check in again soon.  Promise. :)

4 comments:

The Links said...

Pearson is one of those kids that will only sleep in his crib. It is slightly annoying because he won't fall asleep anywhere BUT he take a 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon and sleep for 12 hours at night and has done that for a long time. So it's no to bad. I get alot of time to myself!!

Angie said...

I had my gallbladder taken out the day after my 6 week post partum check up...But after two attacks that landed me in the ER, once by ambulance, I was way ready for that thing to go! If that is what's causing your pain (which is normal after pregnancy), you'll feel so much better once it's out. And the procedure is not a rough one, and you heal quickly. It won't keep you down long!

She is absolutely beautiful! And I'm with the comment above--my sweet Bella will only sleep well in her crib, but we get 12-14 hour nights and 3-4 hour naps every day, and that's been happening since she was 4 months old! It has its downsides (especially when you travel), but to me, the time at home makes up for it and then some :)

Colleen said...

she is so darn cute!!! I love the baby leg warmers. adorable!

Meredith Holguin said...

Hi Ryan! I'm a new follower and I have loved everything you post! Your little Grace is just precious! Thanks for writing!!

www.reflectionsofacollegegirl.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...