Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dreaming of fall...

Raise your hand if you're ready for fall!

Maybe it's just my anti-summer tendencies (Jessica Andrews and I definitely do not see eye to eye in that regard), but I've been dreaming of sweaters and boots and pumpkin spice lattes.  I think I am just officially over this heat.

But apart from the sweating, we had a fabulous weekend.  Lots of snuggles with the pretty girl, a sweet little date for Micah and me, and a get together with some of Micah's friends.  Plus Greek food.  I adore Greek food.

But we had to make yet another trip to the doctor on Friday because the cold she got last month never went away and apparently turned into a sinus infection.  Poor little pumpkin!  How has she already been so sick in less than four months?

She's doing much better, though, so hopefully we'll be germ-free for a little while, at least.  

 photo 201308123.jpg

And last night I got to spend some time with some of my favorites.  My friend Amber and her little sweetie, Brooklyn, met Grace and me for Cajun food, and we had such a good time catching up.  As always.

Oh!  And I forgot to mention that Micah, Grace, and I are going to Galveston at the end of this week for a little getaway with his family!  This will be Gracie's first trip, and I'm excited.  She usually does fairly well in the car, so I'm hoping for a meltdown-free trip. Fingers crossed!  If any of you mommas have any tips for surviving the beach with an infant, I'd love to hear them.  I've already picked up plenty of Water Babies sunscreen, a floppy beach hat, some sunglasses, and a float with a canopy (which she may end up being too small for).  Other ideas?

Hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful photo of her! I hope she gets better!

Emily said...

Poor baby girl-hope she feels better! I can feel her pain, I just left the Drs. with a sinus infection diagnosis too. Check with your Dr. about sunscreen-I asked and they said not to put any on Lilly until she was 6 months old-the bottles say that too but I checked and they said no. No idea why...so we used rash guards and floppy hats to keep the sun off L-we have been to the beach in FL and the lake. Have fun on your trip!

MKLackey said...

Take a small tent to the beach, if you go! Then she (and you) can hang out in there and you have a sand-free place that you can put her stuff! I see people all the time who do that and think, how brilliant - I should have done that. :) Have fun!

Joy said...

I hope y'all have a great time at the beach. I can't wait to see all the cutest she will be sporting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...