Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Since we last chatted...

... we survived Vegas!
I'll have a post with all the details soon, but it probably goes without saying that we had a blast.  A predictably straight-laced, rated PG blast, but a blast nonetheless. :)

... Gracie got tubes. 
We went in bright and early yesterday morning, and Miss Priss was a happy little camper when they took her back for surgery.  She was not a happy camper when they brought her back to us.  She cried for pretty much an hour straight after the surgery until she finally passed out in my arms and napped for three hours.

 photo 6C16954A-6F2D-4C48-9B0C-9E8525561BDB.jpg

She was apparently not a fan of the anesthesia.  Thank goodness she woke up happy.

 photo A43EE8C8-A854-48E0-9C75-6E7A72615DA2.jpg

She still cries out every time she burps, but other than that, she is as good as new.  The surgery went perfectly, and we're praying we'll be ear infection-free for good!

... we had some bed head.


 photo 958B0432-39D1-42C1-8EF6-85C602302249.jpg

I crack up every time I look at this picture.  First, the hair.  Obviously.  This is seriously how she woke up from her nap last week, and I just died laughing when I walked into her bedroom and saw her grinning from ear to ear.  Plus, look at her chubby feet!  And the arm rolls!  I could just eat her up...

... we perfected our doggy paddle.



Pardon my man voice.  This was the day I lost it, and I seriously sound like a robot.  I'm still not feeling 100%, and I'm thinking I might should go see a real doctor about this icky cough that won't quit.

... we paid off my car.  And then spent nearly $4,000 fixing it.
I was so excited to pay off my car with my Christmas bonus, y'all.  It was such a huge burden lifted off my chest.... aaaaand then the shocks (and the accompanying electrical system) went out.  That's life, I suppose.  I'll just be thankful I have a car to drive at all.

So that's what we've been doing.  What have you guys been up to?

4 comments:

Colleen said...

so glad it went well. she is so freaking cute!! love the bed head.

bummer about your car. I so hate car issues.

The Tale of Three Ps said...

Man, her hair is the best! I'm glad you had a good trip and I hope those tubes help!

Jessica K said...

So glad her surgery went well! Always a good thing! Love the video. She's adorable. As for the car - same thing happened to me. Paid it off. And then the AC went out, brakes, CV boot, you name it. My happiness was short lived! Haha

Erin said...

I would love to talk more to you about Gracie getting tubes! My sweet girl, has had ear infection one after another for months now, but they say they won't do anything till she's one.
Could you email me?
Erin.Motes@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...