Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I'm headed to...

(Keep reading for the scoop on my next trip!)

It's almost May, y'all.  How does this keep happening to me?  I swear, I look up, and a whole freaking month has flown by.  

Maybe it's because this month has felt extra insane because of Easter and Gracie's birthday party and the fact that Gracie is now running around everywhere like the biggest girl ever.  Everyone kept telling me that life was going to get crazy once she really started walking, and I always brushed it aside, thinking that she was already pretty mobile, and how much different could walking be from crawling, really?  

Um... for the record, it's totally different.  She's just so darned fast!  We were playing in the backyard on Sunday, and I looked down at her little face and saw a mouthful of dirt.  Twice.  Looks like she got her vitamins in for the week...

 photo 92DD0FB2-62FB-467E-9992-3B67DE33E3BB.jpg
This picture kills me.  She just crawled up in her chair with her book, put her feet up, and relaxed.  She's momma's girl, for sure.

So let's have a little life update.

Work is... work.  Still love it.  Still wish I wasn't doing quite so much of it, but I definitely won't complain on that front.

Micah is still as handsome and incredible as ever.  No surprises there...

I'm contemplating this hair cut.

 photo 20140429MaskcaraHair.jpg

I'm still shedding hair like I wish I was shedding pounds (more on that below!), and I'm thinking that a long, choppy bob might give me the illusion of thickness.  Although I am slightly concerned that this cut may accentuate the roundness of my face, though.  Thoughts?

And let's talk about weight loss, shall we? I promised you guys a real weight loss update a month or so ago, and I totally dropped the ball.  Probably because I ate like crap for the last month.  Thankfully, I managed to keep the scale steady and didn't gain anything (hallelujah!), but I knew that I needed a kick in the butt to get me going again.  So I enjoyed my last frosting-covered cookie on Sunday and started the Slim4Life three-day cleanse yesterday.  (You can see the totally unofficial and probably contract-breaching details here.)  It's not fun (I'm not in love with meat, and I'm supposed to have 2-3 POUNDS per day... ick), but man... it works.  I've done it twice before, and I lost between 6-8 pounds each time.  So I'll eat my flavorless hamburger patties with purpose... even if I can barely get them down.

Oh! And last, but definitely not least.

I'M GOING TO NEW YORK! 

Actually, my mom and I are going to New York.  After my Mimi passed away, I thought long and hard about what I could do that would make her smile. The last few months have been so incredibly taxing on her, and I thought she deserved a break.  She has never been to NYC, and I've been dying to go back, and I had some airline miles and credit card points stored up.  So I booked the flights and the hotel, and we are officially headed to the Big Apple in a few weeks!

My mom sweetly insisted on springing for Wicked tickets, and I cannot wait to see it on Broadway.  So far, we don't have a whole lot of other concrete plans, but I know we'll be doing Central Park (obviously), cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery, the Empire State building, frozen hot chocolate at Seredipity, and the Met.

If you guys have any must-dos/must-sees/must-EATS, feel free to send me an email or leave a comment.  Y'all know, I'm always up for travel suggestions!

I'll be back again soon. Promise.  Until then, marvel with me at this sweet, little, angelic face...

 photo AD12E3F4-8110-4954-A158-4B4F1CB69802.jpg

5 comments:

The Tale of Three Ps said...

My FAVORITE restaurant in NYC is Thalia. It's over near the theaters on Broadway. It's so tasty.

fancyashstyle said...

You will love Wicked! I ate ray's pizza everyday I was there. Ha. Also loved Carnegies deli. You should try to get tickets to see Jimmy Fallon. That would be so fun! Enjoy your trip.

Brandi Gail said...

Wayne LOVED NYC! I can't wait to go one day! I hope you have a fabulous time! :)

Kristin said...

So excited you get to go to NY! I have never been and going on a mom daughter trip would seriously be so much fun! Also, you are scaring me by saying how different walking is haha Eli hasn't started walking yet. He is so DANG close, but just not quite there yet and he is already SO WILD with just crawling. I cannot imagine him faster than he already is and more wild than he already is. EEEEKS!

Emily said...

I feel you, Lilly is so gosh darned fast too! She was quiet the other day and when I realized it, she was half way up our stairs! Give Momma a heart attach!!! We just can't take our eyes off of her for 5 seconds it seems! They are so fun though!!! What did our life consist of before we had our girls? Have fun in NYC!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...