Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fall and other things...

It's fall, friends. I mean, yesterday, it was still in the mid-90s here in north Texas, but I'm declaring it fall anyway. Bring on the sweaters and pumpkin everything, even if I'm still sweating every time I walk outside.

And although this season change has brought with it a bout of wicked allergies and near-loss of my voice (I seriously sound like a man), I'm excited. And when I'm excited, I like to talk about the things I'm excited about. Here are other, non-fall things I'm excited about.

{Hue leggings}

I had been hearing fabulous things about these Hue wide waistband leggings from Nordstrom, so I bought a pair during the anniversary sale a couple of months back. 

Y'all, I am obsessed. They're slightly pricier than an average pair of leggings, but the wide waistband makes them SO comfy and eliminates the dreaded muffin top. I loved them so much that I bought these Ponte knit leggings which I actually love even more. These are thicker and have pockets on the back, so they could be worn even with tops that don't totally cover your derriere. (I realize some of you could never and will never be on board with leggings as pants, but these leggings really are like pants. Trust me. Come over to the dark side. We're pretty comfy over here.)

{Winning my diet bet}

I just realized that I never even posted about joining Mama Laughlin's diet bet a month ago. #bloggerfail 

Essentially, a group of people each paid $35 to buy into the bet, and we all had 30 days to lose 4% of our body weight. Everyone who meets their goal gets to split the pot.

I joined on a whim and didn't really expect it to be a motivating thing for me, but it really was. It was in the back of my mind, and when I wanted to grab a cookie or donut at work, I'd remind myself that I had to weigh in soon. And I made myself share it on Instagram so that I'd have some accountability, as well. 

Anyway, I lost a few pounds more than was actually required and ended up dropping 11 pounds in 30 days. Insane.

 photo 26070788-8518-4D66-AC4F-0595C0FAAEED.png

{This mustard cardigan}

I've been dying for a mustard cardigan for, like, a year now. So when I found this one at Target, I snatched it up faster than I'd like to admit. (I'm fairly certain I actually squealed in delight.)

 photo 423CC813-9C21-448A-B2A2-4B39BF840356.jpg

(It's funny, I remember finding these boots two years ago at Lane Bryant and being so excited that I could zip them up. Now they're so big around my calves, they border on ridiculous. I had to buy new boots.)

What are you guys excited about this week?

7 comments:

The Tale of Three Ps said...

Oh my goodness, I am so tired of this weather! Fall, where are you?!?!

Adorable outfit!

Kristin said...

I firmly believe leggings can be pants. Mostly because I hate real pants.
I just bought a mustard purse. It's the perfect color for fall! I like the cardigan but I've been desperately trying to stay away from the clothes in Target. It's too tempting when I'm supposed to be there for other things.

Joey Hodges said...

YOU ARE SHRINKING BEFORE MY VERY EYES!! Girl, you look HOT!!!!!! Congrats on winning the bed--11 pounds in 30 days is seriously impressive! But seriously...I'm going to stare at that picture a little longer like a total creepster just because I'm so proud of you!!! <3 (and yeah...i wear leggings as pants way more than anyone ever should. whatever).

Jessica Manning-Garner said...

Just joined my own diet bet! So glad you shared!

Brooke said...

Okay, you are the second person in my blog feed that has posted about Target cardigans today... I seriously need to check into them!

fancyashstyle said...

You look so AWESOME!!!!! Love that cardi. I also share a love for hue leggings. I'm waiting on another pair to arrive in the mail tomorrow!! 😊 keep up the good work. I need your motivation. I'm such a bad eater.

MKLackey said...

My comment - compare your face in this selfie and the "official" blog picture at the top - you look great in both but the difference is striking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...