Thursday, July 24, 2008

Just...Me

I'm feeling very disconnected from everyone lately... I have been so busy, and life has been so hectic, that I really haven't been keeping up with you all like I should. So I created this blog and I'll be good about posting... so you can at least know what's going on in my world... although I'm sure you'll find it isn't exciting or glamorous. :)

The past three weeks I have been working on really awful, monotonous stuff for law review. For my non-law friends, law review is this journal published by the law school, and if you have certain grades or if you write on you are eligible to be a member of the law review, and you help publish each edition of the journal. It's apparently this high honor, which everyone should take advantage of if they can, because it looks good on resumes to law firms. But seriously... it's the most non-fun thing ever. And it is eating away my summer. But, alas, I committed, so I will do my very best to turn in good work. You know how I am about following through on things. My BIGGEST pet peeve is people committing to something or saying they will do something and then flaking out. I just can't handle it.

So there's that. Then I'm also working at the courthouse, interning with a federal judge at the trial level. I have enjoyed this immensely, though it is certainly different than I expected. My judge, Judge Werlein, might be one of the nicest men I have ever met. I TRULY enjoy working with him, and he has an amazing legal mind... it is an incredible opportunity to work in his chambers.

But, being the neutral factfinder, being the person to decide the fate of the parties involved, is not as appealing as I had thought it would be. I really thought I would LOVE to search for justice, and find the truth, and to come to the right answer. But that's REALLY HARD to do!!! I have more respect for these judges, who do this every day, than I could have ever thought possible. I have decided that I'd rather advocate for a client ANY day than sift through the facts to determine who is telling the truth. It is so much easier. :)

Lastly, but not leastly, I have been trying to get wedding stuff done. I really need to get most of it done before fall, because once this next semester starts, I'm not going to have time to breathe... let alone plan a wedding.

So I got the invitations ordered, bubbles ordered (for when we leave the church), favors ordered, thank-you cards ordered, and wedding songs picked out (almost!). I have my dress, bridesmaid dresses picked out, and we're doing the tuxes this next week. I've got the cake done, and the photographer squared away. So really, I'm left with flowers, which I'm doing in August when I come home.

Whew! There is so much to think about! But it will all get done... eventually.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're too cute! I love your blog ... it's really a great stress reliever :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...