Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back at it... again

This past week has felt like a vacation! After Hurricane Ike was predicted to hit Houston, Micah and I packed ourselves and Fluffy up and got the heck out of town. It only took 6.5 hours to get home, which is WAAAAY better than what we had predicted. But we took the backroads. A country girl doesn't forget the value of backroads. :)

So we were in Dallas for almost a week, where I WASTED away, eating my future in-laws' amazing homemade cooking. I was absolutely unproductive, which felt so nice. But in the back of my mind, I kept thinking about everything I needed to be doing that I WASN'T doing. I just felt like my life was on hold for a few days, and I was ready to get back to work when we came home yesterday.

Our house is completely perfect, and we have electricity and water, for which I am ridiculously thankful! I have friends who STILL don't have power and are staying with relatives out of town. Don't even get me STARTED on how pissed I was at U of H for resuming classes on Tuesday. I'll just get mad all over again...

On another note, apparently interviewing is TOUGH! I have had a LOT of interviews over the past two weeks, and, though some were postponed last week, will have a few more next week (thanks for that, Ike). I have just felt mentally exhausted! A friend correctly observed that it's just like serial dating! I go in there, talk to the interviewers, try to feel them out to see if we'd be a good fit, and then get sad when they don't call me the next day!! I keep wondering if I should have put out (funny, not-so-funny joke :) ). So now that these "screening" interviews (which all took place at the law school) are, for the most part, over, I have to deal with the call-back interviews (which take place at the law firm). It's KIND of cool, because, for the Dallas firms, they fly me in and put me up in a nice hotel for the night and feed me lunch and dinner. That's good, right? The bad news is that it's just MORE stress and MORE opportunity for me to fall behind on my schoolwork. Oh well. Getting a job is the whole point of law school, so if I fall behind a little in my classes but land an awesome job, I'll consider it time well spent. :)

Anyway, this one was pretty boring. Sorry. I'm sucking at life right now.

P.S. I just thought I'd mention that my fiance is the most amazing guy in the whole entire world. I feel like I don't say that enough. I'm SOOOOO lucky. He spent roughly ten hours in a car with my cranky old cat and didn't complain once. What a trooper!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...