Sunday, August 16, 2009

Something sweet...


One of my very favorite things to do is to bake. Almost every Sunday, after Micah and I get home from church, I get the urge to get out my KitchenAid mixer and bake something sweet. Today it was a homemade chocolate chip cookie cake with homemade buttercream frosting. (And let me tell you, the frosting is perfection. I could drink it, but I resist the urge.)

I'm not sure why I prefer baking to cooking. Or why I get ridiculously happy when I get to refill all of my baking canisters with fresh flour and sugar.

But I'm pretty sure it's in my genes. My aunts and grandma are bakers, too. They can make some of the most delicious desserts imaginable, and even when I was little I recognized the pure joy they got from baking yummy goodies and watching everyone scoop their creations up at family gatherings. Before I got married, I could get by at holidays by just bring something simple, like fruit salad, or nothing at all. Now that I'm practically a grown up, it looks like the pressure's on for me to keep up the tradition.

So look out everyone! I'll be trying my hand at a yummy treat this Thanksgiving. But no pies. I don't really like pie. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...