Friday, September 18, 2009

Yummy Dinner Idea

I made this recipe the other night, and I just had to share because it was SO good! It's a chicken and pasta dish with a cheesy, creamy, spicy sauce. And it was SO easy to make!! Plus, if you can get a good deal on chicken (HEB has chicken breast on sale this week), it's very inexpensive.

South of the Border Chicken and Pasta Skillet

2 cups pasta, uncooked (I used farfalle - the bowtie pasta)
2 skinless chicken breasts, halved (I cut the chicken up into bite sized pieces)
16 oz salsa (I just used Pace Original Salsa because it was on sale)
10 oz frozen corn, unthawed
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used more because I LOVE cheese!)

Cook pasta as directed.

Meanwhile, cook and stir chicken in non stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on
med-high heat 6 minutes, or until done. Add salsa, corn, cream cheese, and cumin. Simmer
on med-low heat 6 min. or until corn is heated through and cream cheese is melted, stirring
occasionally.

Drain pasta, add to skillet with half the shredded cheese. Simmer 3 minutes or until heated
through. Top with remaining shredded cheese; cover. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes
or until cheese is melted.

And enjoy! This was enough for four very large servings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...