Friday, February 12, 2010

Just a thought...

I probably seem very self-aware - like the kind of person who knows what she wants and goes after it with everything she has.  

And in some circumstances, that's certainly the case.  When I decided to go to college to study biochemistry, I buckled down, did everything I could to be the best student I could be, and I graduated in exactly four years.  Then I decided to go to law school - I applied to the best schools in the state, and I decided to go to UH (without even seeing the campus, I might add), found a place for Micah and I to live, and did it.  Now here I am with one semester to go, and I've done pretty darn well in school (we won't count my joblessness, which is certainly not the result of a lack of effort).  

But when it comes to certain things, I just really don't have any idea what I want.  For example, I've always been attracted to quiet guys, but I expect them to be fully capable of communicating anything and everything to me.  And I was dead-set on getting a lab puppy, a breed that is known for having a lot of energy, but Lilly's hyperactivity drives me crazy.  

And when it comes to my hair, I'm the worst, most unfair person in the entire world. I went to a great hair stylist today and I told her that I wanted a lot of body and "as many layers as [she] could give me."  And yet when she did exactly that, and I saw my very modern haircut which embodied my specifications perfectly, I was dissatisfied.  

I guess I'm just the quintessential girl in every way:  I'm a hopeless romantic, I'm ridiculously sentimental, and I have absolutely no idea what I want. Sue me. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...