Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ten Random Things about Micah Lee...

If I haven't made it abundantly clear yet, I'm pretty crazy about my husband.  He's my favorite person in the entire world, and I'm sure everyone gets sick of hearing about it. 

But I was thinking the other day about how little everyone probably knows about Micah.  He's pretty quiet, and even though we have been together for almost eight years, even my family and closest friends still seem surprised about the things I say about Micah sometimes. 

So this post is dedicated to all the little things I know and love about my husband.

1.  He's a neat freak.
I wouldn't call it full-blown OCD, but he walks a fine line.   And while I'd consider myself fairly neat, I just sometimes can't keep up. 

I'll never forget the time that, after my parents had separated and my Dad was selling our house, Micah came over to help me get it ready for a showing.  I had already done the typical things like spray air freshener and pick everything up, and I asked Micah if he could vacuum for me.  He started moving the furniture out of the way, and I asked him what he was doing.  He said, "aren't we going to vacuum under the couch and chair????" As if only an idiot vacuums around things.  So cute.

2.  He never does anything halfway.
As I'm sure you can tell by the vacuuming story, Micah always does everything perfectly.  

He could be painting the walls or parking his truck or hanging a picture on the wall, and it will be perfectly straight, perfectly even, and perfectly perfect.  No matter how long it takes.  

This is one of the many reasons he makes a wonderful husband.  

3.  He's incredibly considerate. 
When Micah gets gas and has to go inside to pay, he doesn't leave his truck parked at the pump.  He moves it to a parking spot that's out of the way - just in case someone might need to pump gas while he's in the store.  

When someone asks Micah for something, no matter who or what it is, he's going to do it.  Hands down.  No questions asked.  

When Micah is driving down the road, he never cuts people off.  He never gets into the faster lane, knowing he's going to have to merge back into traffic. 

He's never, ever going to do the easy thing just so his life is a little more convenient.  He always considers how his actions affect others.

4.  He's not shy. 
Everyone assumes that because Micah is quiet he must be shy.  But when I ask him about it, he explains it this way.  "It isn't that I'm uncomfortable being around other people.  In fact, I really enjoy it.  And it's not that I feel uncomfortable talking around other people.  It's just that I don't feel the need to insert my opinion about everything, especially when everyone else is talking."  

I'm pretty sure that "everyone else" actually means me. :)  Poor guy... how could he get a word in edgewise when he's married to a loudmouth like me?

5.  He's really, really funny. 
And he has this incredibly dry sense of humor.  I'm probably the only person who sees it on a daily basis, and I really wish I could secretly record him sometime.  Then you'd believe me. :)

6.  He loves the Lord with all his heart. 
One of the first things that attracted me to Micah was his devotion to his Lord.  

It's not just religion to Micah - it's a genuine relationship with the God that saved him, and though he's not as vocal as I am, his relationship with Christ drives everything he does.  You can see it in every aspect of his life.  I so admire that.

7.  He'd do anything for his family. 
Micah doesn't need an entourage of people in his life.  He has a few, very close friends, and he has his family.  I remember when we were dating, I loved the fact that he helped his mom make dinner most nights.  And that he'd help her clean the house when family was coming over.  He'd mow the lawn so his dad didn't have to do it on his days off.  He remembered to send funny cards to his grandparents on their birthdays.  His younger cousins adored him.  I looked at his family-oriented nature and knew instantly that he'd make a wonderful dad someday.

8.  He's wrapped around Lilly's finger (paw?). 
He was always hesitant about getting a dog.  He knew it would be a time commitment and that a dog would make a mess.  But I finally wore him down, and I'm pretty sure he'd tell you that he doesn't regret getting Lilly one tiny bit.

Now, Lilly sleeps in the bed with us - even though Micah can't stand the dog hair everywhere or the mud she tracks in on rainy days.  And he lets her lick him, even though he's not big on doggy kisses.  And he gets the biggest smile when she curls up under his arm, with her head on his chest, to go to sleep. 

9.  Get out Monopoly, and he turns into a used car salesman. 
My stepmom gave us the Monopoly game a few months ago, after I had mentioned how much I loved playing it.  When I showed Micah, he mentioned that he had never played before.  (Um, seriously?? Who hasn't played Monopoly??)  

So a few weeks ago, Micah and I played together, and I can't express to you how funny he was.  I told him the general strategy of the game, and he took to it like a duck to water.  He was wheeling and dealing and kept trying to buy my property.  I landed on the "Go To Jail" space, and instantly he said, "I see you've got to head to jail there.  How about I pay to bail you out, and you sell me Marvin Gardens??  That's a pretty good deal.  I'll even pay full price."  

Needless to say, I lost that game.  And the next one.
10.  He loves to fish. 
This boy would fish every day if he could.  And it fits his personality so well.  It requires patience and quiet - things he has in abundance.  

I think part of the appeal is that he generally fishes with his Dad and Grandpa.  
He cherishes the time he gets to spend with them, and he loves the bonding that can only come when you've sat in a boat together for eight hours, waiting for the perfect catch.



There are a million other reasons that I love this man.  He's sweet and kind and incredibly gorgeous.  But you probably already knew that. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...