Monday, March 8, 2010

Meal Planning Friday... on Saturday... on Monday

This week's meals are a little uninspired, but I thought I'd share anyway... I actually did all my grocery shopping on Saturday this week, so the days are a little off.  And I'm late, to top it all off... I'm sucking at life lately. :)

Sunday Lunch - Barbecue Ribs, Cole Slaw, and Potato Salad.  (This was Kroger's meal deal this week, so I bought the ribs and got everything else for free.  All I had to do was heat the ribs up and whip up a quick cole slaw dressing.  Click on "cole slaw" and you'll see the recipe... it was delicious!) (P.S. Discovering that some genius decided to sell ground chipotle pepper powder was a wonderful moment for me.  I can't even describe the amazingness of it.  Just try it for yourself, I promise you won't be disappointed.)

Sunday Dinner - Broccoli Cheese Soup and Crostinis.  (The crostinis are delicious - and SO easy to make.  I stole the recipe from my friend Katy, who apparently stole it from HER friend.   And now my sister-in-law, Faith, makes them too! It's like "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Recipe."  The broccoli cheese soup was pretty good - I would add more cream and a little Velveeta next time.)

Monday - Pasta Alla Vodka (minus the vodka because I don't own any and didn't feel like buying it) and Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing.

Tuesday - Late class for me... leftovers for Micah

Wednesday - Mexican Casserole and Guacamole.


Friday - SPRING BREAK BEGINS! Micah and I are headed to Dallas for a few days.  We haven't been home since Christmas, and we're both in desperate need of some family time.

So there's our menu.  What are you guys having this week?  Post your recipes or a link to your menu-planning blog in the comments!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...