Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More Randoms...

I have no idea who is actually interested in the random quirks in my personality, but they just keep coming to me.  So I'm writing them down.

1.  I say "ow" even when it doesn't hurt.  I think this stems from growing up with a jerky big brother who liked to pick on me.  I learned fairly quickly that if I screamed "Ow!" from the backseat, my parents would yell at him to stop doing whatever tortuous thing he was attempting to do to me.  So now, when Micah surprises me by tickling me or jumping out at me, my impulse is to say "ow!" to make him stop.  

He doesn't like it when I do this.
2.  I listen to random instrumental music.  I'm currently listening to "The Never-Ending Feast" by John Williams from the "Hook" soundtrack.  I loved this scene - where the lost boys sit down to eat, and all this amazing, colorful food magically appears!!!

3.  When I was a toddler, I liked to bite into onions like they were apples.  Needless to say, I was a stinky-breathed little girl.  

4.  I can name twenty-seven states in alphabetical order.  When I was in elementary school, we did this play about the United States, and one of the songs we had to learn was a listing of all fifty states set to music.  For some reason, I can't remember how the song goes after "Nebraska."  

I occasionally sing the song to myself so I don't forget the rest - just in case I ever end up on some T.V. show and need to know how many states begin with the letter "M." (Eight, in case you were wondering).

5.  I have attempted to dye my hair red at least four times.  My sister-in-law has been one of my best friends since we were four - back when I thought her name was "Face."  I was always so enamored with her GORGEOUS red hair.  I convinced my mom to let my dye it red in seventh grade with some temporary hair dye.  But it didn't work.  I tried a similar color a few other times, but my hair just wouldn't take it.  

Finally, during my sophomore year in high school, I used a VERY dark, deep red that ended up looking purple on my hair.  

That was my last attempt.  I just wasn't meant to be a redhead.

6.  I don't dance very well.  I've hinted at this one before, but I thought I'd make it abundantly clear, just in case my husband reads this blog entry.  Any time I try to bust a move at home (or in public - sometimes I just can't control myself), he gives me this "do you really think that's okay??" kind of look.  Sometimes I take the hint.  Sometimes I just keep on dancing.

7.  I could live on Mexican food for the rest of my life... no seriously.  There's nothing I love more in this world than delicious Mexican food.  I mean, really, how could any combination of cheese and tortillas be anything other than perfection?

8.  I have a particular fondness for the semicolon.  I feel that the semicolon (you know, the half colon, half comma that sits next to the "L" on your keyboard) is incredibly undervalued.  It just sits there, underneath the colon, next to the apostrophe, watching all of its other punctuation friends find their way onto the screen, waiting for its turn to shine.  This one goes out to you, semicolon; I think you're great.

9.  I can't decide how many spaces should go between sentences.  Some days it's two.  Some days it's one.  Sometimes it's three - if I'm feeling a bit rebellious.  Today is a two-space kind of day.  I think this might be an indication of a deeper problem:  I'm incredibly inconsistent.

10.  I don't like using the last of things.  This becomes particularly problematic in my shower.  For instance, right now I several almost-empty bottles of shampoo and body wash.  When I see that I'm getting low on something, I don't do the logical thing and use the last of it.  I instantly open a new bottle and add it to the collection.  For example, I currently have approximately seventeen bottles of perfume sitting on a shelf in my bathroom. 

Maybe I'll add some more to this list.  Maybe I won't.  And, just in case you were wondering, right now my iTunes is playing "I Dreamt of Edward" by Carter Burwell from the "Twilight" soundtrack. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...