Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm sorry...

... that I've been a crappy blogger lately.  This week has been NUTS, and I've been crazy busy.  Plus finals are looming.  But I'm trying not to think about that. :)

Interview - DONE!  
First thing's first.  I had an interview with a fantastic firm this week! 

I went in on Wednesday, and I think it went great.  It's a great firm with a fairly small Houston office, which I LOVE.  Their intellectual property practice is booming, and I think it would be a wonderful place to work.  Plus, my friend Jared is also interviewing there.  We think there's a chance they may hire both of us, so fingers crossed everyone! :)

Law Review - DONE! 
Also, I am OFFICIALLY done with law review duties! We had our banquet on Thursday night, and two of my five 2Ls' papers were published, and two others were alternates.  I'm like a proud little momma. :)  Also, Micah and I sat with some lawyers from the firm I interviewed with, and they were great.

Trial Advocacy - DONE! 
I also wrapped up my Trial Advocacy class on Saturday.  We had our final jury trial, with real jurors and, at least for my group, a real judge.  It was a fake murder trial, and I was representing the defendant.  Before my very conservative family judges me, I'll just say that I really think he didn't do it... :)

Let me just say... it was so much fun!  

I can't describe the rush.  My adrenaline was pumping nonstop the whole time, and I was definitely nervous, but I can see how people get addicted to it. 

Poor Micah had to come and be my witness.  I was definitely worried, because he clearly didn't want to do it, but he was really the only person I had, so he knew he had to come through for me.  And he totally did.  I was so proud of him.  Plus he wore my favorite purple striped shirt from Banana and looked ridiculously handsome. :)


So that was my day yesterday.  This morning we went to church, then had Chinese food for lunch, and then came home and took a nap, which was GLORIOUS.  But now, after having squandered away a lot of good studying hours, I've got to get down to business for a little while.

Trusts and Wills, here I come...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...