Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Miss Priss arrives...

I was in Dallas this past weekend for a VERY special event...

My best friend Lauren gave birth to a BEAUTIFUL baby girl:  Miss Emerson Kate Ammerman!!!


The little doodle-bug was born at 7 pounds, 12 ounces, and she was 20 inches long.  Lauren had an incredibly smooth delivery and both Mom and baby are doing wonderfully! 

This is my perfect/sweet/adorable/gorgeous sister-in-law, Faith, with Miss Emerson, just an hour or two after she was born.  I just love the look on her face.


This is Lauren, loving on her sweet little girl.  You can't really tell from this picture, but that kid has a head full of hair! Just like her momma...


Here is Eric, Lauren's husband, clearly in awe of his new little angel.  There really is something about daddies and their little girls.  It's magical. 

I'm so happy to be an "aunt" to this sweet baby!  She will be loved beyond measure, and I have no doubt that the Lord has great plans for her life.  And I thought I'd post this little poem I wrote for Lauren and gave to her at her shower.  I can't wait for her to grow up so I can tell her ALL about what her Mommy was like when she was growing up. :)

EMERSON KATE

When God set out to make you, sweet girl
He knew just what he would do.
He gathered his angels and strolled through the clouds,
And planned His masterpiece - you.

"This little one must be special," He said,
"A gift from me to the world.
And just as her mommy has hoped and prayed,
I'll make her a sweet little girl."

"She'll need a piece of her Daddy's heart,
And a part of her Mommy's soul.
I'll throw in a pinch of her Grammy's strength
And that will make her whole."

And then you were shaped and formed and made,
You were certainly worth the wait.
You're everything we hoped you would be,
We love you, Emerson Kate.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...