Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yummy Food...

Well, better late than never.

I've got two things to share with you.  The recipe for the Hot Chicken Salad is below.  But first, I have to tell you about the Banana Pudding I made on Tuesday. (Yes, I realize that I wasn't supposed to make it until Sunday, but I was entirely too curious.) 

One word? Delicious. Scrumptious. Delectable. Mouthwatering.

Okay, so that's four words.  But seriously.  DELICIOUS.  It's incredibly creamy and rich, and the flavor is wonderful.  Best of all, it tastes homemade and perfect, and you don't have to cook anything!! One tip, though - let it sit overnight (or at least a few hours) before you try it.  I was unable to resist and ate some right after I made it, and it wasn't NEARLY as good as the serving I had the next morning for breakfast (don't judge me).

So the moral of the story is that this is a recipe you HAVE to make.

And you ALSO have to make this Hot Chicken Salad.  It's a staple in my family, and it's perfect girl food!

Hot Chicken Salad

Ingredients
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
2 cups chopped celery
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup toasted almonds (toast under broiler for a minute or two, or just toast them in a frying pan on the stove)
1/2 tsp. accent
1 cup mayonnaise
2 T. chopped onion
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crushed potato chips

Preheat oven to 425.  Mix together all ingredients except cheese and chips and put into a casserole dish.  Top with cheese and chips.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...