Friday, July 23, 2010

My favorite grilling recipe...

Today I'm posting my very favorite grilling recipe in honor of Show Us Your Life Friday.

Now, technically, this recipe is more about the blue cheese sauce than anything else, but it does go on top of a grilled ribeye steak, so I felt okay linking up. :)

Now, if you're not a fan of blue cheese just trust me on this one. My husband, my sister-in-law, and my stepdad all "hate" blue cheese but LOVE this recipe. Plus, it's a Pioneer Woman recipe - so how could it be anything other than absolutely delicious?

(Picture from Pioneer Woman's website... um... you might want to wipe up that drool.)

Grilled Ribeye Steak with Onion-Blue Cheese Sauce

Ingredients

2 whole Ribeye Steaks
2 Tablespoons Butter
Salt
Pepper
4 Tablespoons Butter
1 whole Very Large Yellow Onion, Sliced
1 cup Heavy Cream
½ cups Crumbled Blue Cheese

Directions

Salt and pepper both sides of the steaks. Grill in 2 tablespoons butter until medium rare.

Saute onions in 4 tablespoons butter over high heat. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until dark and caramelized. Reduce heat to simmer and pour in cream. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Stir in blue cheese until melted. Serve steaks on generous portion of sauce.

Faint.


1 comment:

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Sounds amazing! I love blue cheese.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...