Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The light...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Never have I believed this promise more than I do today. Because today I got a fantastic job offer in Dallas, and Micah and I can finally move home! It's with a wonderful litigation boutique firm, and I'll be doing patent litigation work with a great group of people.

I just keep marveling at the Lord's goodness. At His wisdom. At His master planning.

Back in October I wrote this. I felt rejected and scared, but the Lord promised me that, even though I couldn't see it yet, He was leading me through the darkness to the light, and I just did my best to trust Him, though I certainly failed at that more times than I care to admit.

And it's funny because I was worried about the fellowship with the US Attorney's Office and the timing with that if I got this job offer. And then it randomly fell through.

And a clerkship opportunity with a judge in Houston opened up last week, but I just kept dragging my feet in applying, even though I couldn't articulate why. And every time I tried to open the application online, my computer froze. (How's that for divine intervention? :)) I finally decided to go ahead and apply, found a different version of the application, and I actually had the packet all ready to go. I was literally about to head out the door to mail it when I got the call from the firm this morning.

Apparently, God's plans are always bigger and better than mine. :)

So thank you all for your prayers and kind words. You'll probably never know how much they lifted me up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...