Monday, October 25, 2010

Day Fifteen: Bible Verses

I hate to do this again, but I seriously JUST posted about my favorite Bible verse. So I'll re-post it here, just in case anyone missed it the first time around. :)

My Favorite Verse: A Promise and a Blessing

In honor of Show Us Your Life Friday, I wanted to take a minute and share my very, very favorite Bible verse. It's been my favorite promise from the Lord since I was in high school, struggling to find my identity in Christ and trying to make big life decisions.

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

This verse is especially uplifting to me now, when I am so uncertain about where the Lord is leading Micah and me. I get discouraged because I miss home and because things haven't gone according to my perfect plan. But then I remember that it's not about my plan. It's about His plan.

And His plans have brought me a life full of joy, peace, and incredible, epic love. What else in the world could I need? :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...