Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day Sixteen: My Dream House

Before I get to the Blog Challenge topic, I feel like I should share a little tidbit that, I'm sure, will absolutely brighten your day (or at least make you feel thankful you're not me).
My office is across the street from a Potbelly, which is a fairly dangerous thing in itself. Today I was in the mood for a yummy Uptown Chicken salad (blue cheese, candied walnuts, and grapes - OH MY!), so I walked across McKinney Avenue to pick one up.
As I was walking back, feeling cute in my new shoes and aviator sunglasses, my heel caught on a crack in the road (which, as the wife of a civil engineer, I feel is completely unacceptable), and I fell face-first in the middle of the road. Ugh. I scraped my knee and my hand all up, but my pride took the worst of it, I think. I got a lot of "oh that poor girl - can you imagine!??" kind of stares, but at least I didn't rip my pants. :)
So... if you're all done feeling sorry for me, I'll move on to my dream house. :)
I wish I had a picture to share, but (true to form), I don't have a particular house in mind. The closest thing I could do is post a picture of my best friend's in-laws' house. It's gorgeous, yet homey. And the floor plan is PERFECT for entertaining. But I don't even have pictures of THAT house, so I'll just tell you the things that would be must-haves if money were no object. :)
  • Double ovens. (It' so typical that I first thing of cooking and food...)
  • A GIGANTIC jacuzzi tub. Preferably one that resembles the Prefect bathroom in Harry Potter.
  • Multiple showerheads in the shower.
  • A media room with the most comfortable couch ever.
  • An outdoor living area.
  • A tennis court (I did say that money was no object)
  • A garage built to fit my husband's dream Skeeter bass boat (I deserve a wife of the year award for that one)
  • A top-of-the-line carpet pad
  • An open living area in which the kitchen, dining room, and living room all overlap
  • A wine cellar (never mind the fact that I don't drink wine...)
  • An office with floor to ceiling built-in bookshelves
  • A wall of windows somewhere
  • Lots and lots and lots of windows everywhere (I heart natural light)
  • An electronic closet like Cher had in Clueless
  • A deep fryer built into the kitchen island, a la Paula Deen... I'm southern, y'all!
  • Lots and lots of love and happiness. That's something they can just mix in when they pour the foundation, right? :)

(And, yes, I'm posting this on my lunch break. That's how much I love you guys. I'll do Day 17 tonight.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...