Monday, October 25, 2010

Day Thirteen: My Goals

I try to be a goal-oriented person. You'd think that I would be, and sometimes I am. But most of the time, they're fairly short-term goals. Given how important I think living in the moment is, I'm not too big on mapping out every aspect of my life (as if I have any control over what happens anyway!). But I do think it is important to be seeking to accomplish things in life. I think it helps in fostering a thankful disposition, and I've always believed that thankful people are happy people.

So here are a few things that I want to accomplish in this crazy, wonderful life.

1) Be the best wife to a husband who does such a wonderful job in loving and supporting me.
2) Say what I mean, and mean what I say.
3) Pay off my student loans in five years or less.
4) Raise children who love the Lord.
5) Be a fun aunt to my nieces and nephews.
6) Pray more.
7) Worry less.
8) Establish a regular exercise routine.
9) Be a better public speaker.
10) Take myself a little less seriously.
11) Branch out and experiment with color.
12) Perfect my English accent so I can go to England and make them think I am from there. (Sadly, I'm totally serious.)
13) Be a better friend.
14) Listen more intently.
15) Love with reckless abandon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...