Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day Twenty: My Nicknames

My name is Ryan, so there isn't a lot to work with as far as nicknames go. But my parents and friends do occasionally give it a go, and here's what they've come up with.

RyRy. (This is the most obvious and common variation of my name. Little kids tend to gravitate towards this one.)
Ry.
Rynan.
Ryno. (I haven't heard this one since high school, and I'm honestly not sad about that. It wasn't intended as an insult in any way, but I still always pictured a giant animal with a horn coming out of its head every time I heard it. So, no, I really wasn't upset to see it go.)

And here are some other random names I get from time to time.

Elle Woods. (I'm ditsy, and I'm a lawyer. It just makes sense.)
Sweet pea.
Sweetie. (This is Daddy's favorite.)
Hey you. (This is Micah's favorite.)
Abbott... oops, I mean Hargrave. (I got this one a lot when I first got married. A lot of the guys at school called me by my last name, and it took them awhile to get Hargrave down.)
Mommy. (What? Lilly would totally call me Mommy if she had the capacity for speech. I'm just giving a voice to her thoughts.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...