Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day Twenty Nine: Wishes

Katie gave herself three wishes, so that's what I'll give myself.

And let me first distinguish wishes from hopes because I'm crazy and feel the need to explain why I'm crazy. My first thought was to wish that I'd be able to have children one day. (Don't ask why, but I have this weird fear that we won't be able to conceive. Kind of like how I used to be convinced that I was going to die before I could marry Micah. I'm crazy, I tell you.) But then I realized that that's not really a wish - it's more of a hope. You hope for things to happen in the future. You wish for things to change/happen now. I'm not sure why this distinction is so important, but I just wasted thirty seconds of your life that you'll never get back explaining it to you. I really am sorry about it.

Okay, back to my non-hope wishes. :)

  1. I wish that people were truly colorblind. Not literally, obviously. But I wish that race just wasn't ever a factor. In anything. I've felt strongly about this since I was a little girl, and it wasn't always easy growing up in the South. And in a rural area, no less. I just think God created and loves us all. Period.
  2. I wish that the food that tastes the best had the fewest calories. Now wouldn't THAT be a pretty wonderful world?
  3. I wish I was a more perfect picture of God's love. I feel like there are so many ways that I could better live out His Word, but I'm just constantly missing the mark. Thank goodness for His neverending grace. It never runs out, no matter how much I screw up. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...